Take a one day self-drive holiday with a licensed rental car in South Iceland. You will be picked up from your hotel or place of choice by a representative of EuropCar who will drive you to collect your vehicle.
This is your chance to have a luxury day tour in the south of Iceland in combination with a tandem paragliding flight near to Vík í Mýrdal. This is a one-day self-drive holiday with a licensed 4x4 rental car for up to 7 people and FREE pick-up.
Just like our standard day-trip you will have the chance to experience Iceland at your own pace. The highlight of your tour will be the tandem paragliding flight from Vik, which is one of the most picturesque spots in the south of the country.
You will be flying wiht experienced instructors that have been paragliding pilots since 2008 flying in Iceland and internationally.
- Admire stunning landscapes - get close to volcanoes, waterfalls, glaciers, and beaches.
- See it all from above
- Plenty of photo opps to preserve your memories of the day
- A day packed full of adventure but also with plenty of time to relax and enjoy yourselves
- Get to know the locals who will show you their own favourite spots to walk, relax and fly
What to Expect
- Everything you dreamt off when you were little and wanted to fly like a bird (or Karlsson, or Superman...) and much more.
- You will enjoy stunning glacial views, waterfalls, rivers and green rugged hills and beaches on your way to Vik.
- Discover the essence of Iceland as the south truly embodies the unique beauty of this island
- A well-organized itinerary at a comfortable pace
- 8:30 am - Pick up from your hotel
- 8:30 am -9 am - collect car from Europcar Office
- 9:00 am - drive out of Reykjavik heading east on the Ring Road
- Fly with us - drive to Vik for the highlight of your day - paragliding over the beautiful Reynisfjara black sand beach and mixing up with the birds and clouds. We will recommend activities for you to explore Vik and the area, have a bite to eat, hike, take more photos or just relax depending on how much time you have left.
- Head back west - we recommend you stop to take a dive in Seljavallalaug pool and then admire another stunning waterfall - Skogarfoss
- Next stop - Solheimajokull, glacier walking and another opportunity to have your breath taken away
- Final stop - Seljalandsfoss before you hit the road for your final stretch to Reykjavik (all depending on how long the earlier activities have taken) we recommend you stop here to enjoy the stunning waterfall views, have a photo opp and a quick coffee and refreshment break
- Back in Reykjavik - drop off the car and hit the sack or the nearest bar - you will be tired but the happiest you've ever felt!
As a passenger you need no prior experience or knowledge on paragliding.
The tour is operated by a DaytripFactory Partner.
Paragliding is the calmest and safest form of free flying known to man. A tandem flight is performed with an experienced instructor pilot. Once the wing is inflated and safety checks are done few steps are taken down a slope then step into the air. Read the following information carefully before you show up for your flight.
Included: Paragliding flight with instructor pilot, all neccessary gear, a Category R rental car from Europcar (e.g. LAND ROVER Discovery 7 SEATER 4WD, Audi Q7 or similar)
You will need:
- Closed shoes, hiking boots are best
- Warm clothes, as it is colder in the air than on the ground
- A thin hat to fit under your helmet
- Tandem paragliding flights vary in duration and it is not possible to guarantee a specific flight time due to the changeable nature of the wind and general weather conditions in Iceland
- The aim is to fly for 10-15 minutes, but if weather conditions are not ideal and the flight might be short and you will be informed beforehand.
- You can bring your camera at your own risk
- Your pilot will be equipped with a high definition video camera from which you can get the files
True Adventure Paragliding
Town of Vík in Mýrdal Valley
- Flights only take off when the weather conditions are safe
- If conditions are anything less than perfect before take-off, the option is to wait for them to improve or walk away and try again another time
- An Introductory Paragliding Tandem Flight is always at your own risk.
Operator: DaytripFactory Partner