Come for a day on The mountain. Hike the beautiful 1833 meter high Mt. Snæfell, the highest freestanding mountain in Iceland. It is an ancient volcano created rather late during the iceage. On a clear day half of Iceland can be seen from the summit. On this tour we climb the “normal” route on the west side of the mountain which is the most common. Whether you go on a regular day tour or a midnight tour, you´ll experience the power of this mountain.
- A great 8-9 hours hike.
- Fantastic view from the summit on a clear day.
- A relaxing time in geothermal pools with a view towards the „King of Icelandic mountains“, Mt. Snæfell.
- On a clear day half of Iceland can be seen from the summit!
This tour is operated by a DaytripFactory Partner
Location: Egilsstaðir town in East Iceland - pick up at hotels and guest houses. Pick up outside of Egilsstaðir town charges may apply.
Duration: 11-12 hours, drive 3 hours, hike 8-9 hours.
Difficulti level: 3-4 out of 5. - rated moderate / challenging.
What to bring: Good hiking shoes, warm clothes, rain gear, small backpack, lunch and drinks. Don‘t forget your swimsuit and towel for the Laugafell natural pools.
Included: Pick up in Egilsstaðir town, Transfer, guide, use of crampons and hiking poles if needed, access to the natural pools in Laugarfell
Not included: Lunch and drinks - bring it with you.
Available: All year
Tour operator: DaytripFactory Partner
● Reservation is necessary at least 4 days in advance during the winter. 2 days in advance during the summer ● If you need pick up service to your hotel/guest house please inform when booking the tour here. ● If you need to be picked up outside of Egilsstaðir please advice, additional charge may apply.
● Tour operator will contact you for any changes or cancellations through your email adress or other contact info provided during booking process here.
● Due to weather and/or road conditions the tour operator might have to alter the itinerary, have longer journey time or cancellation of the tour. ● Departure dates may vary depending on weather and road conditions. ● For group offers or tailor made options please send a request at email@example.com or call +354 519 3600.